Kelsey's Courage Nonprofit Organization
In honor of Kelsey Mae Misialek a scholarship of $500 will be awarded to a graduating North Dakota high school senior.
The Kelsey's Courage Scholarship Foundation will be the final determinate in awarding the scholarship. The scholarship application deadline will be April 1st of each year.
The criteria is as follows:
- A grade point average of at least a 2.5 or higher.
- Active in at least 3 extracurricular activities.
- Two letters of reference from a professional high school staff or teacher, minister, businessperson or recognized community leader.
- Completion of a minimum of 50 hours of documented and verified community service. Verification will be accepted by a professional high school staff person, minister, or businessperson.
- A list that includes the applicant’s career objectives and future goals. The applicant will also include an essay not to exceed 250 words about the importance of community service and an essay not to exceed 250 words on why the applicant wants to go into the medical or nursing field.
- High School transcript signed by principal, counselor, or appropriate school official.
2017 Kelsey's Courage Scholarship Recipient
Congratulations to Peyton from Cando High School on receiving the $500 Kelsey's Courage Scholarship! Check out the News tab for more information about Peyton and the 2017 scholarship.